Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Calling All Teachers: Your Stories Are Needed!


Teacher faces. We all have them. The kind where you think, "What the hell did he just do?" 
I've had my share of yoga-doing, ball-hurling, curse-wielding catastrophes. It's funny later, but as it happens in slow-mo, you'd do anything to transport yourself to another place and let someone else quiet the zoo.
 
That brings me to my post. I need your help! I'm writing a book for 1st year teachers that tells the REAL story. The good, the bad, and the funny.

If you're a teacher and have a story or quote to share in one of the following categories, please leave a comment or email me at fansoffiction@hotmail.com. I don't mind keeping your name anonymous or only using your first name, but I'd also like to have your state or country. 

Here are the categories of stories I'm looking for:
Crazy kids – fights, outrageous things said, weird behaviors
Thoughtful kids – gifts or notes to the teacher, random acts of kindness
Cheating kids – ways that kids have cheated
Smart kids – things that have been said or impressed you, accomplishments

Crazy names – makes it harder to remember names with faces every year
Advice for new teachers
Time or grading savers
Classroom management tips
Creating a welcoming environment

And finally, any thank you letters you've received from students that you wouldn't mind sharing.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! Please share!

 

2 comments:

Space Station Mir said...

In response to a lecture on not throwing sticks (as most of the class had been doing), a student clarified, "I'm not a stick-thrower, I'm more of a sniper."

Jenna and Ashley said...

Yikes! That student must have been watching some war movies. That would've scared the hell out of me (and I'd be trying not to laugh at the same time).